Walla Walla University Facts
Colors: Orange and green
President: John McVay
- Main campus - College Place, Wash.
- School of Nursing campus - Portland, Ore.
- Marine biology station - Anacortes, Wash.
- School of Social Work and Sociology campuses - Missoula and Billings, Montana
Enrollment profile 2016:
- Undergraduate: 1,700
- Graduate and professional: 194
- Total: 1,894
- Male/female ratio: 47.6%/52.4%
- Undergraduate ethnic diversity: 31.4%
- First-time freshmen from out of state (excluding international students): 69%
- Total undergraduates from out of state (excluding international students): 62%*
*May not be completely accurate because some students claim their local school address as home.
- First-time freshmen average high school grade point average: 3.53
- Largest undergraduate programs: nursing, engineering, business, biology, and education.
- Undergraduate students in university housing: 75%
Academic profile 2016:
- Calendar: Quarter system (fall, winter, spring, summer)
- Instructional faculty: 100 full-time, 71 part-time
- Freshmen retention rate: 81.39%
- Degrees offered:
- Associate of Science Degree
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Music (BMus)
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Master of Education (Med)
- Master of Science (MS)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Study abroad programs offered in: Argentina, Austria, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Spain, United Kingdom, Ukraine
- Six-year graduate rate: 47%
- Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Washington State board of Education for Teacher Certification
- Member institution of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Varsity teams:
- Women's basketball, golf, softball, and volleyball
- Men's basketball, golf, and soccer
- Member, Cascade Collegiate Conference
- Intramural sports include basketball, flag football, soccer, softball, volleyball and much more!