School of Business
The School of Business offers:
- Award-winning faculty who are knowledgeable and caring
- A personal learning experience (facilitated by small class sizes) that fosters teamwork skills and a commitment to integrity and service. (Go here to read our Honor Code.)
- A practical hands-on approach to learning, including internships and real-world projects
- A strong curriculum with many options covering top areas in demand.
- Special business accreditation for the Bachelor in Business Administration degree and Bachelor of Arts (Major in Business Administration) degree, offered by the ACBSP, a leader in international business accreditation with a focus on teaching excellence.
- Interaction with dedicated and smart classmates who get top scores on national standardized exams in business (96 percentile on the Major Field Test in 2015!)
- Excellent placement rates in professional careers and graduate schools
- Abundant opportunities for social and spiritual enrichment in a beautiful country setting
(See Why Study Here? for more details)
THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS NEEDS YOUR HELP!
Attention WWU alums: Please take a short (five-minute) survey that will influence our decision about offering an online MBA degree. Your feedback will remain anonymous unless you choose otherwise. Here is the survey link: wallawalla.edu/business-survey
For more information, contact Steven VanOrden (email: email@example.com; phone 509-527-2953). Thank you!
The School of Business at Walla Walla University will provide a quality, student-centered learning environment in which students prepare to be competent, ethical business professionals and leaders.
Students: Business graduates will be values-driven professionals who are knowledgeable about fundamental business principles and practices. They will provide competent and productive service, striving to improve the lives of their employees, employers, customers, and community members. They will demonstrate integrity in all aspects of their life and work. Students from other disciplines will also be influenced by our courses, seminars, and campus interactions. As a result, all students will graduate with a calling to be “the salt of the earth.”
Faculty: Our faculty will possess, in the aggregate, a desirable blend of academic qualifications and professional experience. They will have adequate financial support for advanced study, conference attendance, research, and other professional development activities. To keep current in business practices, they will engage in community and business activities. They will continually seek new and better ways to foster business acumen and Christian values in their students, to whom they will serve as role models, mentors, and advisors. In turn, faculty will be supported in their work with ample technological resources, library resources, faculty mentoring, and research release time.
Facilities: Classrooms and offices will be comfortable, attractive, safe, secure, and representative of a quality business education. Equipment and technology will reflect that used by practicing business professionals.
Our Honor Code
We, the students, staff, and faculty of the Walla Walla University School of Business, pledge to adhere to the highest levels of integrity, professionalism, and respect for others in all that we do in the classroom and in our personal and professional lives. We commit to maintaining an ethical focus in all our endeavors, beyond what is minimally expected by society or required by law. We commit to maintaining a thoughtful, studied ethical focus that defines how we reconcile inevitable tensions between ambition and service, competition and contribution, profit and trust. Specifically, we agree to be held accountable to the provisions of the Honor Code.
As future business leaders and representatives of the ideals and values of the Walla Walla University School of Business, we pledge to act consistently with the university’s core beliefs and values, including excellence in thought, generosity in service, beauty in expression, and faith in God.
• We pledge to uphold the core value of excellence in thought through the pursuit of academic excellence, intellectual inquiry, and professional achievement in our respective fields without compromising what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, and praiseworthy.
• We pledge to uphold generosity in service by acknowledging that we all are children of God and ambassadors of His kingdom who are called to lives of humble, dedicated service in both our personal and professional lives.
• We pledge to uphold beauty in expression through honest innovation in our educational and professional pursuits, employing only those means that are worthy of this institution and our Creator and rejecting all opportunities to exploit or mislead others.
• We pledge to uphold faith in God by acknowledging that we are inherently fallen, self-centered beings in need of daily life-changing encounters with a loving and self-sacrificing Savior and that such encounters will result in our adherence to truth and justice, as well as in positive eternal outcomes for us and for all others who are impacted by our decisions and actions.