- Walla Walla University
- Areas of Study
- Computer Science
- Mission Statement
|WWU Computer Science Program provides its students with a balanced program which emphasizes|
- The knowledge of the core principles of computer science.
- The skills necessary to use computers to solve real-world problems.
- Experience in implementing solutions with modern computing tools.
- The communication skills necessary to work effectively in a team.
- Faculty-student interaction and mentoring.
|Prospective employers of the graduates of the program can expect|
Note that students will have knowledge, skills and tools in excess of the above.
- Students will understand the basic principles of ...
- The design of operating systems
- Algorithms, complexity and computability theory
- Programming languages
- Net-centric computing
- Software engineering including object-oriented programming
- Computer architecture and assembly language programming
- The social and professional issues of computing
- Students will be able to ...
- Solve a wide variety of real-world problems
- Produce well documented programs
- Work in teams
- Produce web interfaces for programs
- Students will have experience using ...
- Unix and Microsoft operating systems
- C, C++ compilers
|The results of the program include|
- Enthusiastic participation in out-of-class learning.
- High average MFAT scores.
- Careers in high profile companies.
Last update on
May 21, 2015