- Walla Walla University
- Areas of Study
- Goals and Objectives
Our Goals for Departmental Majors
- To find purpose in this life and direction into the future.
- To experience Christian growth and develop spiritually.
- To settle for nothing less than the best in their preparation for service.
- To gain a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures.
- To relate a Biblicly-based religious life to the needs and problems of contemporary life and society.
- To know, understand, and be able to communicate the Seventh-day Adventist message and heritage.
- To become prepared and motivated to take an active part in the life and leadership of the church both during the educational process and into the future.
- To experience, for those students planning on subsequent pastoral internship and seminary education, the first phase of professional preparation.
- To expect and benefit from the School of Theology's assistance in the evaluation of majors and their placement into positions of service.
- To become active participants in IXTHUS, the campus Theology Club.
Purpose of Advisement Program
- To provide for helpful teacher/student relationships throughout the entire program.
- To provide assistance in personal, spiritual, social, career, and academic matters.
- To gather, interpret, and evaluate data in cooperation with students that will assist conference presidents and others in the selection of graduates for employment.
Last update on
December 28, 2016